You’ve been at the office all day, you come home and it’s dark and it’s cold and dinner has not been planned. Ugh, all you want to do is just have food there ready for you – greeting you at the door like little Ch’en and Edie. Since you don’t want to (nor can you really afford to do take-out for the 5th time this week) here is a very quick, filling and vegetarian friendly dinner that will leave your stress and hunger at the door.
- 8 ounces linguine noodles
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1-2 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 14 ounces firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 3 green onions, trimmed and thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 c. chopped and cooked broccoli
- Cook pasta in a large pot according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat broth, garlic, peanut butter, sugar, chile flakes, and soy sauce in pasta pot until boiling, stirring often. Add tofu and broccoli to the pasta and toss to coat.
- Transfer pasta to a serving bowl and top with onions and peanuts.
- Serve and enjoy!