Today we are creating a mini bakeshop in the kitchen to whip out batches of tasty treats to send to co-workers, along with the husbands’s co-workers and our family and friends. So what tasty treats are we going make to fill those nicely labeled Christmas cheer jars? After a little bit of a debate we decided on Chocolate Chip Mint Cookies and Organic Peanut Butter Cookies.
So for the gift that keeps on giving and giving:
Chocolate Chip Mint Cookies
- 1 1/2 tsp. Ener-G Egg Replacer
- 2 Tbsp. warm water
- 3/4 cup non-dairy butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup non-dairy chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to whip the egg replacer powder & water together until it’s thick & creamy. Set aside.
- Cream the butter & sugars together by hand or with an electric hand mixer at high speed. Beat in the egg replacer mixture & the vanilla & peppermint extracts.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, & salt. Add this to the butter mixture along with the chocolate chips. Stir until combined, but do not over-stir.
- Drop the cookie batter by rounded tablespoons onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 10 -12 mins., or until the edges begin to harden. Although they might not appear completely done, the cookies will continue to cook after they’re removed from the oven.
- After removing them from the oven, immediately take the cookies off of the cooking sheet & place them on a wire rack to cool.
- Repeat steps 5 – 7 for the remaining cookies.
As for the Peanut Butter ones, this recipe is from Recipezaar and it sounded wonderful with the almond butter added to the peanut, next time it is a must try with various nut butters!
Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/3 c peanut butter
- 1/3 c almond butter
- 1/3 c margarine
- 2/3 c brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ener-g egg substitute
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp soymilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix water and egg replacer together in a small bowl, set aside.
- In big mixing bowl cream together peanut butter, almond butter, sugar and margarine.
- Mix in soy milk, egg replacer and vanilla.
- Sift in flour and baking powder into mixture. Add in salt.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are lightly browned, but center is still a bit soft, as it will harden as cookies cool.
What are some of your favorite holiday cookies? Share with us below!