This vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, soy-free salad is anything but taste-free! It is inspired by the kale salad from True Food Kitchen, but with a vegan flair! To make sure that the lemony goodness that is the dressing coats every piece of kale, make sure to finely chop all of the kale into tiny little pieces. The topping is a delicious toasted pecan “Parmesan” topping and a handful of dried sweetened cranberries. This is one of the best kale salads I have ever tasted!
•2 medium bunches de-stemmed dinosaur kale, finely chopped (8 cups chopped)
•2 large garlic cloves
•1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
•3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
•1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt ( I am a huge fan of the pink Himalayan salt!)
•1/4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
For the pecan parmesan:
•1 cup pecan halves, toasted
•1.5 tablespoons nutritional yeast
•1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
•2 pinches fine grain sea salt
- Spread the pecans into a non oiled frying pan, and toast until fragrant and lightly golden.
- Remove the stems from the kale and discard. Finely chop the kale leaves.
- Wash the kale, dry and put into a large bowl.
- For the dressing: In a mini food processor, process the garlic until minced. Now add the lemon, oil, salt, and process until combi
ned. Pour the dressing onto the kale and mix it into the kale with your hands or toss with spoons. Keep mixing for about 1 minute to ensure everything is coated perfectly.
- For the pecan parm: Rinse out the mini processor and pat dry. Add the pecans into the processor and process until the pecans are the size of peas or a bit larger. Now add in the nutritional yeast, oil, and salt and process again until it’s a coarse crumb.
- Sprinkle the pecan Parmesan all over the salad. Toss on the dried cranberries. Wrap and place in the fridge for 30-60 minutes to soften.
- Eat and enjoy! Your taste buds will thank you and so will your body!