One of my favorite stores is LUSH. Every time I step into this handmade lotion oasis, I am always sucked into spending a weeks paycheck on varicose shampoos, conditioners, and lotions, that I just know will be the key beauty product to bringing out my inner goddess. Since, it’s not the most budget friendly store, we knew we needed to to start making our own concoctions. If your skin is feeling a little dry then it is time to lotion up! This coconut oil lotion is perfect for achieving soft skin without subjecting your body to the chemicals and unnatural ingredients found in most of the products that line those well let beauty aisles in your favorite department store. The beauty and health benefits of coconut oil are numerous and this is just another way to take advantage of this amazing ingredient. One of the best bonuses is that this homemade recipe for coconut oil lotion is easy and cheap to make! You’ll be on your way to feeling good without breaking the bank!
1 cup coconut oil
½ cup Shea butter
1 cup beeswax
½ cup almond oil
Lavender essential oil
Basil essential oil
Square silicone mold
1. Melt coconut oil and beeswax in a microwave safe bowl by heating in 30 second increments, stirring in-between, until the mixture is liquid and smooth.
2. Stir in the Shea butter until melted.
3. Add essential oils a little at a time. Start with 10 drops of each and then add more until desired scent is reached.
4. Pour hot liquid carefully into a silicone mold.
5. Allow lotion bars to sit overnight.
6. Remove from the mold and store in a cool, dry place. Remember that coconut becomes liquid in warm temperatures.
After you try out these coconut oil lotion bars you won’t be able to get enough!