Happy Thursday! Today we are baking up some scones! These scones are so delicious and they just melt in your mouth! You will become addicted to making these and that is okay since they are so simple to make and bake quickly!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 9 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water, or as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix flour, white sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Cut in cold butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Whisk milk, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, lemon zest, and vinegar in a small bowl and stir into flour mixture until moistened; turn out onto a lightly floured surface
- Mix in your cranberries and walnuts. Knead dough briefly for 5 or 6 turns. Pat or roll dough out into a 1 inch-thick round. Cut into 10 wedges and arrange on a baking sheet leaving 1 inch between each wedge.
- Bake in preheated oven until bottom edges are lightly tan, 11 to 14 minutes. Allow scones to cool for 15 minutes.
- While scones are cooling, stir confectioners’ sugar, melted butter, 2 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice, and vanilla extract in a bowl until smooth. Stir water into sugar mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time, until mixture is easily drizzled.
- Drizzle glaze over warm scones.
- Serve, eat and enjoy
What are your favorite scone flavors?