Being back on the Jamie Eason Live Fit program, I am in need of a healthy late-night snack! Today we are revamping the classic frozen-grape snack with this quick and easy recipe. When dipped in vanilla Greek yogurt and coated with chia seeds, we create healthy little delights that are only 52 calories for 10-grape servings. The chia seeds offer fiber and omega-3s, and the Greek yogurt gives these grapes a little protein punch!
These are easy to make, naturally sweet and they help with this brutal summertime heat! Keep them in your freezer for when ice cream cravings strike for a quick frozen treat you’ll feel good indulging in. If you don’t like the seeds, then try chopped almonds, granola, or…drum roll please, mini chocolate chips!
- 80 grapes, washed and dried
- 5.3-ounce container vanilla Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- Poke each grape with a toothpick, opposite the end with the hole that was attached to the stem.
- Open the container of yogurt, and stir until totally smooth and free of lumps.
- Pour the chia seeds into a cereal bowl.
- Place a medium-sized cutting board in the freezer, and line with a piece of parchment paper.
- Set up a little grape-making station on the counter next to your freezer. Dip the grape in the yogurt, then carefully twirl it in the chia seeds, and place it on the parchment paper with the toothpick pointing straight up. Freezing right away will prevent the yogurt from dripping down.
- Do all 80 grapes, and freeze for at least 90 minutes.
- Enjoy right out of the freezer