Recently, I have fallen completely in love with this recipe from Ashton over at Something Swanky. These are moist, fluffy, packed full of chocolate chips and almost as big as my growing belly!
I am an avid muffin fan and have searched high and low for the perfect recipe to resemble the delicious ones from the local baker and I think I have finally found it! These are huge and delightful!
Yields: 12 Gigantic
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 larges eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups miniature chocolate chips
- optional: sanding sugar for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, pour the milk and vinegar. Let sit while preparing the remaining ingredients.
- In a larger bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Add the butter, eggs, vanilla, and the milk + vinegar mixture.
- Stir JUST until a batter with lumps forms.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill each cup in the muffin tin to be completely full (about a heaping 1/4 cup).
- Bake at 425ºF for 5 minutes.
- Then decrease the heat to 375ºF and bake for another 13 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before removing from the tin and serving.
- Delicious fresh and freezes well.
image via: something swanky
I hope you guys enjoy these as much as I do! Let me know what you think and what are your favorite muffin recipes?