Summer is nearing and that means it is time for pool parties, barbecues and delicious fruity cocktails! However, I have a few friends that aren’t able to drink right now and so in order to not let them feel left out, we’re whipping up some delicious mocktails today!
So whether you’re a designated driver, pregnant, or just not a drinker at all, you can still enjoy these wonderfully refreshing and summery drinks!
First up, we have the Mojito Mocktail!
(picture via: bodybuilding.com)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- small bunch of mint leaves
- juice from 3 limes
- soda water
- muddle the sugar with the mint leaves by using a pestle and mortar. If you don’t have one of these, don’t fret! You can easily use a small bowl and the end of a rolling pin to do the trick!
- put a handful of crushed ice into 2 tall glasses
- now divide the lime juice between the two glasses
- add a straw, top with some soda water, and you’re done!
Want a little more fruit and a little less mint? Well then this is the drink for you! This delicious watermelon slushy is pink, refreshing, and delightful, what more could a girl ask for?
(picture via: thekitchn.com)
- 6 ice cubes
- 2 cups cubed and seeded watermelon
- 1 tsp honey (you can use agave or sugar)
- place the ice cubes into a blender
- cover and pulse until all the ice is crushed
- add the watermelon and blend for about a minute
- add the honey and blend for another 10 seconds
- serve and enjoy!
My favorite drink for dinner parties would have to be the virgin cosmopolitan, makes me feel like I should be in the Big Apple!
- 8 oz. cranberry juice
- 2 oz. lime Juice
- 2 oz. orange juice
- 2 oz. simple syrup
- a dash of orange bitters
- fill your shaker with ice
- add in all of the ingredients
- now shake it up!
- serve into a chilled cocktail glass
- decorate it with a slice of orange and there you have it!
How easy were those? Hope you enjoyed!