Marilyn Munster never got the respect she should have had while living with her aunt and uncle in America’s most glorious abode. She was just a great example of how one should never judge a book by it’s cover, and that can be applied to these “healthy” banana nut muffins.
Marilyn Munster Banana-Oat Muffins
3 mashed ripe bananas
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 tbsp ground flax mixed with 3 tbsp water
1/2 cup almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup white whole-wheat flour
1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup sugar
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 c. chopped walnuts (optional)
3 tbsp golden flax, whole (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375º.
2. Combine bananas, flax mix, oil, milk, and vanilla in a medium bowl; mix well, and set aside.
3. Whisk together flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt
4. Mix the flour mixture into the banana mixture until they are just combined.
5. Spray your muffin tin with cooking spray and fill each cup about 1/3 full
6. Bake 18 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.