Holidays are coming, holidays have gone and I just want to drink them all up in whatever red paper cup my local green apron-wearing barista gives me. However, since my bank account won’t allow me to consume soy peppermint white mochas on a daily basis, I have had to resort back to baking to get into the holiday cheer (while listening to Bing Crosby croon about Frost the Snowman no less)
Since I have upgraded from my Little Tikes Party Kitchen, it’s time to stick to some recipes and not just improvise (sorry you had to be my taste tester, mom..).
Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts
1. set your little tikes oven to 350*
2. mix all the best ingredients together; white & brown sugar and butter. Get those nice and creamy and then beat in the eggs, one at a time. Stir in the vanilla…add a little extra if you’re feeling spunky.
3. mix the dry ingredients together; flour, baking soda, salt
4. combine the dry into the wet slowing making sure that everything is nice and combined.
5. throw in those chips and nuts
6. now plop a good size spoonfull of batter on ungreased cookie sheets and make sure to give them plenty of space. These cookies expand and they do not like to be touched by other cookies!
7. let them brown in your party kitchen for about 10 minutes (my oven at home is less than quality so it took about 15 minutes, where as the kitchen at work was spot on at 10 minutes)
8. let them cool a bit on the sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack