Ok, so this is my first Christmas as part of the Luxe family, and I was super stoked to head out to the “office” party, now, there aren’t any Michael Scotts, or Dwights, but I think those characters could still come out at some point..and our Christmas card experience was better…
Ok so whip out your apron and and hair net, and let’s get to work!
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour, not self-rising
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar (I’m trying a no sugar diet so this kinda sucks, Truvia is good too though!)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Earth Balance
- 4 Tbsp of Flax Seeds, ground and 12 tbsp of water (mix these two before anything else and let it sit..gets all egg-y like)
- 1 cup Soynog
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the nitty-gritty:
Oven set to 325 and two cupcake pans lined with the pretties, start the mixing! With a hand mixer, or stand mixer, mix all the dry ingredients together. Mix the Earth Balance in until it’s coated with the flour mixture.
Now the flax seed concoction, Soynog and vanilla need to be swirled together in a large glass measuring cup. Add to dry ingredients gradually until mixed. Don’t over mix!
Fill cups 2/3 full and bake 17-22 minutes. The tops should spring back when lightly touched. Cool in the pans for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
- 2 sticks “butter”, room temperature
- 4-6 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup – 1/2 cup Soynog
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- pinch salt
Mix butter and sugar on medium speed. Add nutmeg and salt. Pour in Soynog gradually until frosting is spreadable. Add Soynog and sugar to taste and to desired texture.
Now make pretty!