Uhg, so this past week has been pretty crazy. I can’t believe it has already been two weeks since we got married, but there has not been anytime for celebrating life as newlyweds. Well, I take that back, we did go to get veggie burgers the other night, however, I think that was a bad idea since they made us a little ill. Tasty though!
Since Brandon’s been by his moms side 24/7, it’s been a little tough, and there have definitely been some moments when I thought my heart strings were going to be ripped out from inside of me.
A couple of nights ago we were able to have a little Wii party with some tasty vegan treats, and even better company. Anna, Justin, Josh, Abby and Michael all rendezvoused over at the House of Ch’en for some white bean and sweet potato stew, zucchini muffins and bread, homemade hummus, hurricanes (complimentary of Abs), and some midnight vegan strawberry cupcakes in celebration of Josh’s birthday.
Since Monday’s are my Fridays, I was very ready to play a little tennis and then beat Abby in the face with my awesome KO moves in boxing. She likes being reminded of who is stronger and better when it comes to virtual Wii remote flinging and spasm arm movements. So with fruit juicy drinks in everyone’s hands, food passed around, and Ch’ens tail being omnipresent, some games were ready to be played. There was of course the traditional Wii Sports that started off the night, a little tennis, a little boxing, then some righteous bowling. The boys went off to Best Buy to get another game for the PS3. Dante’s Inferno? Really, there’s a game about a poem over 800 years old? Well, at least those boys are getting in some classic literature, even if it is by ripping out spines and then mutilating demons with a new spine sword..very classy.
Around midnight, we decided that cupcakes needed to be made.Luckily for bellies, Abs had her tips with her (frosting tips that is). We whipped out an Oh-My-God-I’m-Going-To-Die-From-Food-Awesomeness batch of strawberry cupcakes from the Joys of Vegan Baking and then did not hold back with the frosting. For Josh’s birthday cupcake we loaded that sucker up with about twenty gazillion tasty calories on top. Oh, and some heart sprinkles. Good times, good times.
So here whip these up and amaze your friends! Or give them to random people and make some friends!!
Vegan Strawberry Cupcakes (from The Joys of Vegan Baking)
Yield: 12 tastetactical cupcakes
1. Preheat the oven to 350F/ Grease/line a muffin tin.
2. In a large bowl combine together the flour, baking soda and sugar.
3. In another bowl, mix the oil, vinegar and vanilla. Add the pureed strawberry also to the oil mixture and stir to combine.
4. Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients. Stir together but do not over stir.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tins.
6. Bake for about 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool. When cool, frost the cupcakes and top each with a whole strawberry!!